To succeed, every business—large or small—requires strategic, objective financial leadership. Hugh Glazer founded the WinterView Group in 2001 to provide interim and outsourced CFO and business advisory services, and to fill a pervasive management gap that he observed throughout his corporate career. The WinterView approach is predicated on partnering, mentoring, and providing customized assistance to meet the unique needs of our clients.
About Hugh Glazer Hugh Glazer is a career CFO/COO with more than 20 years of experience building and leading finance and business operations teams, improving business performance, and mentoring CEOs and CFOs.
He has served as a business advisor for creative firms in advertising and architecture, as well as for publishing, software development, business services and consulting, internet services, and wholesale distribution companies.
Glazer’s diverse skills include leading finance teams in early-stage and growth businesses, software sales channel management, intellectual property licensing, and construction project management, among others.
Before founding the WinterView Group, Hugh Glazer’s professional experience included:
- CFO US Operations, Ingenta—A document and internet services company in the UK
- CFO, PubList—An internet library reference resource
- VP of Finance and Administration, The Learning Technology Group—An educational software division of Simon & Schuster
- VP Finance and Operations for OEM sales, Macmillan New Media—Publishing
- Senior Finance Executive, New England Journal of Medicine—Publishing
- COO, Baseline Development Group—A textbook development company
- CFO, Montbleau Associates—Consultants to advertising and public relations agencies
Glazer holds a BS from Babson College and lectures at the college level. He is a firm believer in supporting future business leaders through mentoring. He serves as a coach for the Babson Coaching for Leadership and Teamwork Program, as a judge for the Babson Business Plan Competition, and he is a lead virtual business advisor in the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses initiative.
As a member of the American Arbitration Association Roster of Neutrals, Glazer serves as a commercial arbitrator.
Community Engagement and Leadership Roles (Past and Present):
- Co-chair, Media Special Interest Group of the Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG)
- Director, Babson College Alumni Association
- Mentor, Salem State University Rapid Growth Project
- Founding Director, Treasurer, North Shore Technology Council
- Board Member, Applewood Books—Publisher of American history titles