BUSINESS MECHANIC & ADVISOR
CFO SERVICES FOR PRIVATE COMPANIES
Provided services supporting the finance department during 22 month period.
Privately Held Company operating charter schools & Title I programs in over 200 locations.
Privately Held Company providing design and development services to major publishers.
• Due diligence resource to buyer to produce financial model to support LBO financing.
• Key role in negotiating terms with seller and post close transition.
• Financial model and forecast helped secure financing 150% of the deal value.
• Served as COO. Built admin & finance groups. 100% of systems & process created new.
• Relocated company to new 12KSQF office space in 90 days.
• Established process to streamline project bidding and expedited project invoicing.
Venture backed company serving hospitality industry. Served as Interim Financial Officer.
• Covered CFO’s day to day blocking and tackling responsibilities
• Key role in revamping sales contract process. Contract review and approval authority.
• Negotiated sale of dormant acquisition at 15% above buyer’s offer.
• Revamped forecasting & budgeting process. Resolved revenue recognition issues.
Engaged as transition resource during replacement of financial executive for three imprints.
• In three months, brought six months of financials & accounting records current.
• Upgraded monthly accounting methods & procedures.
• Poor accounting skewed CEO's ability to find causes of decreased margins.
• Assisted CEO in selection of replacement candidate. Trained & coached new controller.
100 Year-old family business transitioning to third generation experienced dramatic losses due to economic downturn, unfocused management and insufficient financial reporting data.
Served on CEO Advisory Board.
• Coached newly appointed 3rd generation president.
• Reorganized financial reporting and instituted new cash controls and procedures.
• Trained staff in general business procedures as well as client’s ERP system.
• Completed the closing of 10 fiscal periods.
• Prepared company for bank and external financial audits.
• Amended sales tax returns for 20 months to reclaim $15k in overpayments errors.
• Established forecast and budget for current and future fiscal year.
• Advised CEO on resumption of presidency after unexpected departure of successor.
Engaged to assist with acquisition transaction.
• Created Due Diligence work plan to support successful buy-side acquisition bid.
• Coached acquistion team on issues to raise with seller.
• Reviewed and analyzed historical backlist data provided by seller.
• Recommended revised terms and conditions for transaction.
Created and Delivered seminar “Using Networking and Association Memberships as a Business Development Tool” to coach a new team of recruiters
Six month project as Interim Finance Director for US and Japan Operations.
• Replaced loss of US controller and staff accountant post discovery of fraud.
• Implemented new financial reporting system.